Sunday, April 18, 2004

Life interrupts blogging



Well, I should have been working on my book review this weekend, but it was sunny and warm, and the veggies needed transplanting. So, I planted a bunch of heirloom tomatoes and three kinds of basil, carrots, and radishes. Cukes go in tomorrow from seeds, and broccoli starts from the spouse's greenhouse. Then it's all about turf/sod. Lots of rolls of it to be removed from the yard. Thank goodness the days are long, because here's what else I need to do:
  • Prep this week's classes (showing Le Retour de Martin Guerre makes that a bit easier)
  • Write a midterm for the survey
  • Aargh! correct paper proposals!
  • Begin work on online Ancient course,due end of quarter
  • Write a book review for an online journal
  • write a grant application
  • start outlining an article
  • write many thank you notes to friends and colleagues
  • blog
  • keep up with the garden.


Why am I telling you this? Simple -- I'm not feeling academic bloggy, but hope that putting my "to do" list out in public will make me get it all done. More academic stuff later -- John Holbo has made it more of an imperative -- I think.

Oh -- last note for the day. saw this on Friday night -- loved most of it. Saw this last night -- apologies to all my friends who warned me. What a waste of part of my life. Forget red and blue pills -- this one begs for a cyanide capsule or serious alcohol.

No comments: