To-do list redux
Syllabus for Ancient/Medieval Civ (by 16 Sept) Syllabus for Early Modern Europe (by 16 Sept) Syllabus for World War II, a class I have never taught and for which the text only arrived last week (by 16 Sept) Kazoo paper abstract (which needs to be Really abstract at this point) (by 14 Sept)
- more reading and writing for the kazoo paper which really needs to be written as an article and then hacked to pieces for the paper
Did I mention that I need to also put the syllabi on Blackboard? What do you want to bet I will not be posting assignments by week, but just link to the document? find a place to live (end of Sept, but I can stay where I am longer if I fancy commuting 3 hours a day)I have a house! I am renting a colleague's "cottage" (built 1917, 3 very small bedrooms, smallest bathroom ever) for a really amazing price -- the most I can afford, but about $200 less than they wanted. It needs work -- paint, etc., but it's got charm and most importantly, is not an apartment!!
- feed my katzes 2x a day
feed the Economist's cat at alternate location 2x a dayChanging of the cat sitters! I only have to come by and go through the mail every cople of days to pay bills if I need to. Some people should have online bill pay ... water the Geographer's plants at third location every other dayGeographer is due back today!! No more plant watering!
- prepare actual lectures in hopes that that will remind me that I know how to write (19 Sept)
- Prepare document discussions (19 Sept)
- Review new edition of textbooks, because They Have Been Changed
- Get started on this year's job applications (First one due 1 Oct)