Thursday, January 19, 2006

When a Historian hits the Big Time

When a Historian hits the Big Time


I'm guessing this is a sign -- Barnes and Noble just sent me an e-mail asking if I wanted to pre-order Natalie Zemon Davis' new book. Since the last one of these e-mails I got was for a Terry Pratchett book, this no doubt Says Something.

In other news, still waiting to hear if I made the cut on numerous jobs, waiting for a date to be set for an interview where I have made the short list, and gearing up for the crop of late-season jobs, including the TT version of the one I have now. The more I think about it, the more I know I want to be offered it. I really like my students here, and my colleagues and the admin are super-supportive. Kinda wish it were in a different location, but shoot. Plus, not getting the job here would make me feel very bad. Even if I were to get another offer.

But in the meantime, I've got writing to do. Not to mention some reading. OK, maybe not NZ Davis-style writing, but writing, nonetheless. Oh -- and I have a super-sikrit plan for something publishable! Long-term, but good, I think.


Carnivalesque -- the Early Modern version


To be held on or about Feb 4 at Pilgrim/Heretic. Send her your nominations in any field, as long as it fits the Early Modern description!

3 comments:

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Congrats on the short-listing! Is your super-sikrit plan the one I know about? ...cuz I still think it's a great idea.

Another Damned Medievalist said...

I think it is ... the index-y thing? Oh -- I just posted elsewhere about an interview question, if you'd like to offer advice.

profanglophilia said...

Yes, congrats! And fingers crossed for the TT at the current spot. It's nice to be able to choose!