Shiny Teaching Carnival and Carnivalesque
While I was in grading jail, meg over at xoom posted a Shiny! New! Teaching! Carnival!. Yay for something to do after Christmas cards!
Update!! How could I have forgotten that mj at scribblingwoman has also posted the most recent Early Modern Carnivalesque?? Bad blogger, that's me!
In other news, over break, I have to:
- Put in requests for conference money
- buy Christmas gifts for family
- send a couple of Christmas gifts
- Entirely revamp my syllabi, because some of the things I've done for years do not work at SLAC
- turn said requests and syllabi in before jetting off to fabulous city in January (since I get back the Saturday night before the term starts)
- write another book review (but the last one of the year and one that relates to my research)
- make substantial progress on my K'zoo paper
- set up Blackboard classrooms for three courses
- prep two courses, as I have not taught them in this format before and have never used these books
- read a friend's MS
- with luck, turn my campus office into a homier place -- at the moment, it is not gemütlich
Wish me luck, all!