Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Shiny Teaching Carnival!

Shiny Teaching Carnival and Carnivalesque


While I was in grading jail, meg over at xoom posted a Shiny! New! Teaching! Carnival!. Yay for something to do after Christmas cards!

Update!! How could I have forgotten that mj at scribblingwoman has also posted the most recent Early Modern Carnivalesque?? Bad blogger, that's me!

In other news, over break, I have to:
  • Put in requests for conference money
  • buy Christmas gifts for family
  • send a couple of Christmas gifts
  • Entirely revamp my syllabi, because some of the things I've done for years do not work at SLAC
  • turn said requests and syllabi in before jetting off to fabulous city in January (since I get back the Saturday night before the term starts)
  • write another book review (but the last one of the year and one that relates to my research)
  • make substantial progress on my K'zoo paper
  • set up Blackboard classrooms for three courses
  • prep two courses, as I have not taught them in this format before and have never used these books
  • read a friend's MS
  • with luck, turn my campus office into a homier place -- at the moment, it is not gemütlich



Wish me luck, all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whaddaya mean, something to do after Christmas cards? I'll be doing mine between tomorrow afternoon (grades due at noon) and New Year's Eve.

Speaking of which, what's your address?

Another Damned Medievalist said...

Will post on that private place!

meg said...

Ooh baby -- you make it sound dirty!

Another Damned Medievalist said...

Lordy, I must be tired not to have noticed that! And now, I'm thinking of tattoos ...

Anonymous said...

If you're going to get a tatoo of your address, you had better get a P.O. Box, in case you move.

(snort!)

Another Damned Medievalist said...

Not the kind of tattoo I was thinking about. And really, I'm just too chicken for tattoos.