Short update -- dogpaddling through the rapids ...
hugelya little behind on reading and commenting on all 4 discussions' posts. Shit.
- Job apps starting to be due.
101 done, but 3 new, so I think that's 12 distinctly different cover letters to write.
- Book Reviews still waiting
I think I set up thefirst subcommittee meeting today
- One other committee -- assessment stuff that will be great, but requires output.
- Actual work for the classes -- Finish updating assignments on surveys for the last
42 weeks. Finish assigning primary source presentations for the online class ( add/drop FINALLY over and I know who's in the classno, NOW it's over. Forgot about the drop w/ permissions). Grade a different two weeks of survey discussions and three weeks of online discusssions. Actually re-read what I've assigned. Write first exam for early-beginning survey. Prepare for peer observation in same.
Phonebank for Dems on Saturday morning.(postponed due to conference)
Next week -- go to lecture by visiting scholar on Thursday.Paper was really interesting, but ultimately unconvincing. Too many extrapolations for one anomalous document. Mostly useful for introducing said document and for giving some insight as to how other disciplines use evidence.
Go to State Historians meeting in town 5 hours away on Friday night for Saturday meeting. With boss. Possibly after lunch w/ said scholar. Went up on Saturday morning. Really a great group. Met someone I knew from blogging under my real name.
- Two job apps should be in by now. But only one is. At least one to go out tomorrow.
- Meet with Academic Revue Committee Tuesday to set up peer review schedule at place of main employment
- Meet with Peer Reviewer at Religious U, to debrief after last week's observation
lather, rinse, repeat