Didn't Get It
Perfect Job turned me down. But they were really nice about it. Still waiting to hear on Almost-perfect job.
Update: I copied this from my comments below, because you guys are so nice!
I have options. Kind of. I've still got two TT jobs to apply for, and there is an opening for a Dean position where I am now -- the app deadline is next week, and they've only recieved one application so far. I have a huge amount of faculty support, in the sense that people keep asking me to apply. The question is, do I want to apply for it? Or do I want to hope that I can pick up enough adjunct work to get me through the year. I'm paid through the summer (chose the big lump o' money at the beginning of summer pay option) and am slated for two online courses this summer. If they make, that's some money I can put towards padding the academic year if I can't get a full load. And I can most likely pick up 4 courses (argh)in the fall. Winter also looks like a possible full load (between two schools). The big thing is health insurance. If I can manage to get two courses at one state school, I keep my health insurance. If I don't, I COBRA it. decisions, decisions ...
Anybody have any suggestions?