In lieu of an actual post
Since I have to:
- take back a pile of overdue books to the library at Flagship U
- clean my house
- do laundry
- decide on texts for next semester
- go through boxes of files and shred stuff so I don't have to move it
- prep the last week's classes (which means reviewing Roland)
- make appointments for the cats so they can be flown in The Move
- um ... pack
Plus all those incidental things I haven't mentioned ...
I'm just posting links at the moment. Back to substantive stuff when the chaos of finishing the term, grading exams, and moving a couple of thousand miles in the next 3 weeks is all done. Wish me luck that I manage to have my internet connection set up as soon as I get to the new place!
Today's link --
This is kind of interesting. There's a new book out on Helen of Troy -- and it's history!
Oh -- and BTW, folks, I just noticed that the recent OUP Medieval Studies catalogue has the new Ward-Perkins, Heather, and Smith at fairly affordable prices. I think you can get all three for just under $100. The Wickham book is also marked down, but still out of my price range! But I will be buying the others.