Monday, December 03, 2007

Thank goodness it's a meme!

Thank goodness it's a meme!


Squadratomagico tagged me for a meme! yay, a reason to blog. Actually, I'm working on a post about balancing teaching and writing, but I owe a very cool editor a review and will not write my post till I finish that. So this is the seven unconnected things I don't think I've revealed about myself before:

  1. I have a real fear of my body being disposed of before I'm really, dropped-a-house-on-me-and-saw-my-feet-curl-up dead.
  2. The first time I named a pet, I chose "Six Spots." I was only 2 1/2, but I was not allowed to name another pet till I was much older.
  3. I have met a real DC Comics super hero -- or at least an actor who played him -- when he was doing a signing (in costume) on location. I was about five, and I think this may have been my first brush with fandom.
  4. I was a co-founder of a Star Trek fan club in 7th grade. Our leader is now a professor of physics (he does quantum stuff) at a large midwestern university
  5. I once received a hand-coloured original picture from Mike Mignola as a Christmas card
  6. I'm comfortable riding horses in three different types of saddles, but I'm not particularly great at any of them
  7. I don't really do jealousy, or even envy.


Here are the (slightly modified) rules:


1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. On it.


Everybody I can think of who would do this has been tagged, so if you haven't, consider yourself obliged. Or not.


Ooh! and from Pilgrim/Heretic, another!


Your Score: Fennel


You scored 50% intoxication, 25% hotness, 75% complexity, and 25% craziness!




You are Fennel!

You're a cool cat. Crisp, clean, fresh, and extremely complicated. You're like quantum physics or modern jazz. Think Niels Bohr meets Ornette Coleman. You may look normal now, but once you sprout, you look kind of, uh, funny.




Link: The Which Spice Are You Test written by jodiesattva on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, very cool list is going on hiatus in about two weeks, so if the review you are writing is for very cool list, there is no chance your review will appear before the beginning of the next calendar year anyway...so go ahead and put it off just a little bit more. But not too long. You know how very cool list needs more medieval content.

Another Damned Medievalist said...

Argh! Thanks! You are the one! At least I know the last three got in on time ;-) I owe someone else one, too, but you'll have this as soon as I can get it to you.

Belle said...

Never saw the fennel one before. Does it fit?

Anonymous said...

i was fennel, too. I dislike the taste of fennel. However, I can see what they mean. Just slightly off the beaten track, hard to characterize, and not everybody#s favorite flavor.

hang in there.

Another Damned Medievalist said...

Thanks! I think it might fit, Belle -- I can also see it for Very Cool Editor.