Saturday, July 11, 2009

More Monasticism

More Monasticism!



And also, a walking tour! The second day of the conference was even better than the first, if that's possible. I talked a little about the papers last time, but after the papers, we went for a lovely walking tour of the town -- fortunately a short one, since I was in a skirt, and it got sort of chilly. But the tour was interesting and fun, and some of my favourite bits were when our guide, a colleague who is frighteningly knowledgeable on many subjects, dismissed lots of things as being too late to care about! No offense to you folks who work past the millenium, because there are fantastic things in your periods, but it's nice to not feel like my period is the one being dissed!

Anyway, here's a picture, at the risk of my anonymity (just remember, people, if you know me, I don't use my real name here on a matter of principle!):




And now, back to work and on to Yorkshire in the am, to meet with many other medievalists, and some of the same ones again!

1 comment:

Historiann said...

I'm glad you're having a great time! It sounds like your conferences are doing exactly what you wanted and needed them to do for you.

Nice castle!

Historiann.com