Sunday, November 07, 2010

NaBloPoMo 2010 -7

NaBloPoMo 2010 -7 -- where did my weekend go?



Well, I did do one thing I meant to do this weekend. Two things, really. I raked a lot of leaves. And that was just the front. Seriously, what possessed me to buy a house with so many maple trees around? And I proofread a chapter for a friend. That was fun -- it gave me an excuse to read history, for a change. Meanwhile, the evil little cat is trying to ruin my new sofa. AAARGH.

Also, I went for a nice long walk with a friend today, along with dogs. Dogs are fun, but I'm glad that I don't have one. Too much work. Somehow, the weekend got away from me and I got little done in the way of catching up.

Somehow, I think more happened, but I can't seem to remember. Still, words on blog is the point of all this. This week, maybe even words on paper!

3 comments:

What Now? said...

Um, what possessed you to buy your house is that it's adorable! Which isn't to say that I don't sympathize on the raking note, having spent an hour working in my own yard yesterday and punking out before I had conquered the leaves. (My neighbor comforted me on my early quitting with the fact that more leaves were going to fall, so I was going to have to rake more anyway.)

CrankyProfessor said...

People sometimes ask me why I still don't "own." Two words: SNOW REMOVAL.

Another Damned Medievalist said...

Yep -- I'm not looking forward to that, either. Oh well, more upper body strength for me, I guess.