Sunday, November 07, 2010

NaBloPoMo 2010 -7

NaBloPoMo 2010 -7 -- where did my weekend go?

Well, I did do one thing I meant to do this weekend. Two things, really. I raked a lot of leaves. And that was just the front. Seriously, what possessed me to buy a house with so many maple trees around? And I proofread a chapter for a friend. That was fun -- it gave me an excuse to read history, for a change. Meanwhile, the evil little cat is trying to ruin my new sofa. AAARGH.

Also, I went for a nice long walk with a friend today, along with dogs. Dogs are fun, but I'm glad that I don't have one. Too much work. Somehow, the weekend got away from me and I got little done in the way of catching up.

Somehow, I think more happened, but I can't seem to remember. Still, words on blog is the point of all this. This week, maybe even words on paper!


What Now? said...

Um, what possessed you to buy your house is that it's adorable! Which isn't to say that I don't sympathize on the raking note, having spent an hour working in my own yard yesterday and punking out before I had conquered the leaves. (My neighbor comforted me on my early quitting with the fact that more leaves were going to fall, so I was going to have to rake more anyway.)

CrankyProfessor said...

People sometimes ask me why I still don't "own." Two words: SNOW REMOVAL.

Another Damned Medievalist said...

Yep -- I'm not looking forward to that, either. Oh well, more upper body strength for me, I guess.