Sunday, January 09, 2005

Blogging Temporarily Delayed

Blogging Has Been Temporarily Delayed


I've got lots of notes for days 2-4 of the AHA, but right now, I'm too damned tired. Two full paper sessions per day, debrief sessions with the students, and not nearly enough socializing, and I may have to cancel tomorrow's classes. Aches, pains, and a very sore throat. Not a problem for me, but I am supposed to guest lecture in a friend's class. I've called him and prepped him just in case, but it's better form to try to make it, so I'm getting an early night and blogging later.

a Brief Digression via Ancarett



I would not have thought this. But then, I like Anne (Elliott?) in Persuasion best, I think. Elinor Dashwood is ok, too, I guess.

Colonel Brandon: Sensible...  yet Sexy
You are the true hero(ine)! Sensible, steady and
mature, you are the lynchpin of your circle of
friends and family.

Male: At your
best, you are a dynamo combination of Mr.
Knightley from Emma and Colonel Brandon
from Sense and Sensibility. At your
worst, you may be briefly beguiled by silly
women (cf. Edward Ferrars in Sense and
Sensibility
and Captain Wentworth's
behavior toward Lousia Musgrove in
Persuasion), but in the end, you'll win
through and end up with the proper heroine.



Female: You are Elinor from Sense and
Sensibility
! Wise beyond your years, you
are all too aware of the folly of those around
you. You are "sense" personified,
and without you, things would certainly fall
apart.


Which Jane Austen Character Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

No comments: