Saturday, November 21, 2009

holding place

holding place



I actually fell asleepp while writing my post last night, and have a meeting for most of the day today. So here is today's post... I see it as substantial, because I have to think!

Also, last night Superdean nagged me about the book. Eep!



Leave me a comment saying "Resistance is Futile."
• I'll respond by asking you five questions so I can satisfy my curiosity.
• Update your journal with the answers to the questions.
• Include this explanation in the post and offer to ask other people questions.


Questions from my friend chickenfeet2003

1. What would your dream vacation be?

One where I didn't have to feel rushed and could spend time with people without feeling guilty about what I'm not doing and who I'm not seeing. Actually, it might just be my usual England trip, but for the whole summer and with plenty of cash for traveling to see people. OTOH, I have always thought that it would be wonderful to charter a big sailboat with a few friends and spend an entire West Indies Tour sailing from island to island; sail to Jamaica, watch the Test while sitting in the sun, sail to Antigua, watch the Test ...



2. When are you coming to Toronto? (You are a bloody medievalist!)

I should look into that, shouldn't I? I shall start looking at research fellowships :-) But also, an LJ friend will be at PIMS next year, and I hope to visit her there...

3. What risky/foolish/daring/silly thing do you have an urge to try?
I'd like to do more rock climbing and maybe scuba diving.

4. What's your favourite whisk(e)y?

Whisky, definitely. Laphroig, or one whose name I can't remember, but I want to say it was from Orkney and had a seaweedy taste Scapa.

5. What movie can you watch over and over again?

A few of these: The Princess Bride, The Great Escape, A Bridge Too Far, The Lion in Winter, Love, Actually, Galaxy Quest ...

1 comment:

Wegie said...

I rather suspect it'll be a cold day in hell before Antigua gets another test after the debacle this spring!