Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Placeholdery post

Placeholdery post (NaSchoWriMo/NaBloPoMo 10)





I’m working on a substantial post for this series of posts at In the Middle, so today has been partially (and honestly, too much) spent at looking over the past seven years of this blog. So in lieu of something longer, I'm going to leave you with some of my favourite posts. I'm sort of glad I looked at these, because there are some things I could stand to integrate into my teaching yet again!


The F-word

Whose Middle Ages (I wish I'd remembered this before the panel at K'zoo last year)

New and improved, it's History!

Why I love the Early Stuff

How to do College

What we didn't know is what our students don't know

The Internalization of a Construct

2 comments:

Bavardess said...

Thanks for the trip through your back catalogue. I particularly liked your post on the dreaded F-word and the way you connected it to present political manipulations of history.
"It supports a mythos that includes a set of Us vs. Them, West vs. East, Christian vs. Islam social, political, and economic dichotomies that provide fodder for explanations and justifications for the furtherance of those antagonistic relationships up to and including the present." - Amen.

Having just finished an Advanced Historiography course, 'Internalization of a construct' also got me thinking more self-reflexively about some of the things I've learned this year and how I've been integrating them into my research work.

Another Damned Medievalist said...

Glad you liked them. Now I have to re-read them and remember to use them, too!