Tuesday, January 16, 2007

And Now?

And Now?



Because I really have a ton of work, so y'all may be stuck with this for a bit. If anyone knows how to alter the code to fix the TTLB link to match fonts ... I think I just need to add a class tag before it?

You know those "weird things about me" memes? Well, I guess you should know that my entire knowledge of html is based on understanding the tags in WordPerfect and NotaBene, back when one could reveal codes. So basically, this is taking a while because I have no real idea of what I'm doing. But hey ... html is just another language, and I can generally get by in most of the languages I've tried to figure out ...

4 comments:

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Oh, I loved the reveal-code on WordPerfect. I edited a big giant project several years ago with that, and I've always kind of missed it.

Dr. Virago said...

Just want to join the love-fest for reveal-code function on WordPerfect. I remember doing tables that way to make a calender. Awesome.

And yup, that's how I understand HTML, too (what little I understand).

And while we're at it, let's hear it for DOS! Woo-hoo!

Wegie said...

Wordperfect? DOS? You're making a girl who started out on a vt100 using vi to set nroff seem old . . . and I know very well that at least one of you beats my yearcount!

Anyway, to more practical matters . . . the ttlb tag is showing up as it is because it's a paragraph and is thus not within the span of any of the elements defined in your stylesheet, so most browsers default to showing it in Times New Roman. The quick and dirty fix is to go to the body section of your stylesheet (the bit that starts body { and add in a generic font family that'll cover all elements within the body of the document, just like you did for the h1, h2 and h3 elements. If you do that, it'll look just like the rest of the text, and the requisite section of the stylesheet will look as follows . . .

body {
background-color: #669999;
font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif;

}

Good luck and good hunting on the changes and on the beginning of term!

Unknown said...

I like the new threads!