Monday, July 18, 2005

Out of the Blue

Out of the Blue


Got a call this morning from a place where I'd applied for a TT job. Really small town U with grad students. Never heard back. Turns out they've changed the job to emergency one-year with the possibility of converting the person they hire to TT if s/he works out, or will do another search next year. Would I be interested? Back in for three jobs. Phew. Two of them guaranteed to totally screw up any plans I might have had for a vacation and visit with a good friend, but one with the possibility of eventual tenure. Off to prep for interviews! BLEAARRRRGH!!!

And no, I'm not really complaining. Just kind of ... amazed at my life since March. Not rollercoaster -- pinball machine. The kind where balls drop down and go out of play, then all of a sudden, you're playing three at once!

7 comments:

timna said...

Best of luck!
Have you interviewed at this out of the blue place?

Another Damned Medievalist said...

They are calling me back about an interview this week. Phew! The hard part is that the two out-of-state ones start on the same day that my summer online class ends ...

BrightStar (B*) said...

multiball!!! excellent image.

best wishes! I'm hoping for the best for you.

Rebecca said...

Yay! I'm sending you good vibes...

Anonymous said...

Best wishes, ADM. I need for you to land somewhere so I can uncross my fingers and get some real work done!

Another Damned Medievalist said...

Thanks, everybody!!

George H. Williams said...

Wow. Good luck!