Tuesday, August 09, 2005

All about meme

It's all about me(me)



or, how I avoided grading review papers this morning...

  1. What is your first name? One I've never really liked, but it has its roots in antiquity.
  2. Were you named after anyone? Not to my knowledge
  3. Do you wish on stars? I have done
  4. When did you last cry? Not recently enough, in terms of a blubfest. About beginning of May? And possibly this Friday.
  5. Do you like your handwriting? Only when I'm writing very carefully.
  6. What is your favorite lunch meat? I like veggie sandwiches best, but probably tuna, if that counts
  7. What is your most embarrassing CD? The Buffy Once More With Feeling soundtrack?
  8. If you were another person, would you be friends with you? Maybe, but I might get tired of how hard I try to be liked
  9. Do you have a journal? Kind of. I have a friend I don't talk to enough, so I sometimes write things for when we can get together
  10. Do you use sarcasm a lot? What is this sarcasm of which you speak?
  11. What are your nicknames? ADM, two masculinised versions of my first name, and (really) Sarge.
  12. Would you bungee jump? Is that a trick question? There is no "no" strong enough to answer that question
  13. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Sometimes
  14. Do you think that you are strong? Not as much as other people think I am. I think I'm just resilient.
  15. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Mocha almond fudge. No question.
  16. Shoe size? 39
  17. Red or pink? depends on what red and what pink. I'm an earth-tone type.
  18. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? a toss-up between procrastination and need for external validation
  19. Who do you miss most? My maternal grandmother.
  20. Do you want everyone you send this to, to send it back? No, but I'm enjoying reading it at other people's blogs
  21. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Grey nightshirt and red toenails
  22. What are you listening to right now? When I started on this, Jeff Buckley's cover of Hallelujah, right now, The Beautiful South's Blue is the Colour and the roofers thumping around
  23. Last thing you ate? A small square of Rittersport dark chocolate with hazelnuts
  24. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Periwinkle Blue
  25. What is the weather like right now? Sun breaking through overcast, heading into high 70s
  26. Last person you talked to on the phone? Almost ex-ADH
  27. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? It really depends on the person. Eyes and voice stand out, though
  28. Where did you find this meme? Some other medievalists' blogs
  29. Favorite drink? A good, peaty single malt
  30. Favorite sport? To do? running on trails To watch? Football (the real kind)
  31. Hair color? ever-darkening and greying blonde
  32. Eye color? Blue
  33. Do you wear contacts? generally, 'cos my glasses make my eyes look really small
  34. Favorite food? Fresh Bread
  35. Last movie you watched? War of the Worlds
  36. Favorite day of the year? The Vernal Equinox, because the days are finally going to get noticeably longer
  37. Scary movies or happy endings? Depends on my mood and my company
  38. Summer or Winter?
  39. Hugs OR Kisses? Depends on the kisser.
  40. What is your favorite dessert? creme brulee
  41. Who is most likely to do this meme? some other procrastinator
  42. Who is least likely to do this meme and comment? A good friend who has better things to do ... and does them!
  43. What books are you reading? Rosenwein and Little, Debating the MA; James, Science Fiction in the 20th c.; Semmler, Der Dynastiewechsel von 751; Middlemarch -- finished Miéville's Perdido Street Station yesterday.
  44. What's on your mouse pad? Don't have one at the moment
  45. What did you watch last night on TV? Don't have one
  46. Favorite smells? Baking, early morning garden, ocean
  47. Favorite sounds? A particular friend's voice, the ocean
  48. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles!
  49. What's the furthest you've been from home? Salzburg?
  50. Do you have a special talent? So I've been told
  51. What is your ring tone? Something from Peer Gynt -- it's the only one I can hear in the car.



and more procrastination from cheeky



You are Don Juan From "Don Juan De Marco."

Woobaby! You are Don Juan - dark and handsome, and the world's greatest lover. Some people find you to be a bit insane (or is that insanely sexy?). While you may not be playing with all 52 cards, don't let that get you down - you're a true romantic at heart.
Take The Johnny Depp Quiz!

5 comments:

Ahistoricality said...

I knew I wasn't the only person with "Hall of the Mountain King" on my cell phone. Though, when we update to a modern phone with real sound on it, I'm going to try to get a version with the full chorus....

Rebecca said...

I have the Once More with Feeling soundtrack too. I sing along when I have it on...

meg said...

God help me, I'm Ed Wood. And not just because I like to wear women's clothing.

Anonymous said...

I got Ed Wood too...

Another Damned Medievalist said...

My ringtone is not "hall of the Mountain King" I don't think. I don't know my Grieg that well, but I think it's "Asa's Tod"