Tuesday, August 16, 2005

It's Rebecca's Fault!

It's Rebecca's Fault!


Yeah, 'cos I never procrastinate ... But this is pretty cool:




You're Catch-22!

by Joseph Heller

Incredibly witty and funny, you have a taste for irony in all that you
see. It seems that life has put you in perpetually untenable situations, and your sense
of humor is all that gets you through them. These experiences have also made you an
ardent pacifist, though you present your message with tongue sewn into cheek. You
could coin a phrase that replaces the word "paradox" for millions of
people.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



Who'd have thought? I feel like I should go back and do it again, though, because I was divided on one question ...

Aha! If I choose "just the facts" I get this:




You're A Theory of Justice!

by John Rawls

In the beginning, you lived in a town. The town had many problems!
Rather than moving, you decided to come up with the idea for the best town ever. Going
all the way back to the original position, you created the idea for the best town ever!
Lo and behold, the best town ever looked almost identical to the town you lived in. You
decided to stay in the town. Now you resent people mistaking your refined thought
experiments for "the wall of stupidity" in high school debate
rounds.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



And if I feel old, I'm:




You're The Guns of August!

by Barbara Tuchman

Though you're interested in war, what you really want to know is what
causes war. You're out to expose imperialism, militarism, and nationalism for what they
really are. Nevertheless, you're always living in the past and have a hard time dealing
with what's going on today. You're also far more focused on Europe than anywhere else in
the world. A fitting motto for you might be "Guns do kill, but so can
diplomats."



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



and, proof that one gets what one deserves, if one lies:




You're The Mists of Avalon!

by Marion Zimmer Bradley

You're obsessed with Camelot in all its forms, from Arthurian legend
to the Kennedy administration. Your favorite movie from childhood was "The Sword in
the Stone". But more than tales of wizardry and Cuban missiles, you've focused on
women. You know that they truly hold all the power. You always wished you could meet
Jackie Kennedy.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



About that last one? No effing way. It is a Bad Book. Gaaaack.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yay! I love being blamed for procrastinatory (is that a word?)activities!! I have to say I have never tried to manipulate one of those quiz things; I just liked what I got on the first try. Watership Down seemed like me! But if you really want to blame someone, blame Ralph Luker. He put the book quiz on Cliopatria and that's where I found it...

Who writes these things anyway? If it is a strictly volunteer activity someone must have A LOT of time on his hands...

BrightStar (B*) said...

LMAO!!! I took this quiz a bunch of times because I didn't like my answers. (Once I got one of the Lord of the Rings books? WTF? That is SO not me.) I hadn't thought about posting all of the results. Awesome!