Saturday, February 11, 2006

Help from the Blogosphere

Help from the Blogosphere


I guess I should preface this by saying that I don't know Moreena, not even really in the blog sense. I don't read a lot of parenting blogs, but I know there's overlap here. And since some of the people who have made my life better over the past couple of years do know her, and they care about her a lot, that's reason enough for me to post about her. The short story -- academic family with child whose medical bills are ginormous. Insurance nightmares. It could happen to any of us. Please go to Scrivener for a good summary of what's happening, and what you can do to help. If you are looking for the names of other people involved, Phantom Scribbler and Peripatetic Polar Bear are helping to round up support. There are lots of others involved, but I think this is one of those 'small convergence of different circles' things. Anyway, if I keep rabbiting on, you'll not go check things out. So I'll stop. Especially before I get on my single-payer, national health insurance rant. No pressure. But really, this could be any of us.

1 comment:

Phantom Scribbler said...

Thanks for helping to spread the word, ADM.