Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving


Hi all -- Happy Thanksgiving!! In honor of the day -- or more in honor of, "I'm actually reading an article in my field and hanging out with historian friends," I have two questions:

  • So I'm reading the new Early Mediaeval Europe and Geoffrey Koziol has a new article where he says that the "Charles the Straightforward" name (rather than Charles the Simple) isn't really a good translation after all. But what I want to know is who started to call him Straightforward anyway.


  • also, one of my friends, Krautboy, is thinking of starting a blog. He's a historian of Technology and is looking for other bloggers/LJ people in his field. So if you know anybody or any good blogs that historians of S&T would like, please pass them on!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think there's a history of science and technology section on the Cliopatria History blogroll these days...

Another Damned Medievalist said...

If there is I can't find it, but thanks!

meg said...

If/when you find out the answer to the Charles the Blunt question, post it, okay? I'd like to know, myself.

Another Damned Medievalist said...

Blunt! I like that! Did you see that a mutual acquaintance seems to be responsible?

Ahistoricality said...

They rearranged things recently: it's now called "Digital History, Science & Technology"