Wednesday, November 29, 2006

NaBloPoMo 29

NaBloPoMo 29 -- RBOC


  • Not posting much because I burned my finger pretty badly. Suffice to say it's pretty lame to turn on the wrong burner, having left a plate on it, and then pick up the plate
  • That new David Boreanaz show, Bones, is a guilty pleasure
  • I'm reviewing a book in my field that I really like so far. It's a good kind of envy, really. Oh -- and it's in English! Really. Not jealous.
  • My cats are driving me up the frakkin' wall.
  • I'm entirely clueless as to how my evaluations are going to go. I'm worried. I think.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bones is also something of a guilty pleasure for me, mostly because I think it's a pretty dumb show and yet I feel driven to watch it!

Sorry to hear about your finger; sounds like something I would do.

Cheeky Prof said...

Ooh, sorry about the finger. That's something I would do, btw. (Or have done.)

Are you just now turning into Bones?! We love that show here at Chez Cheeky.

Oh, and if you want, you could borrow my 3 dogs. I'm sure they'd keep your cats busy. ;-)

Another Damned Medievalist said...

I started tuning in partway through last season. And Cheeky, I want puppy pix!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about evaluations, just tell your classes what you want them to write about. It is surprising just how susceptible students are to suggestions. I tell them that I am interested in what they liked about "group discussions" or "assigned readings" and then most of them spend the little time they devote to evaluations on those subjects - which I already know they more or less like. I also tell them to work in "Dr. History is funny, yet brillant." Some do it just for fun... and some because they believe it. ;)