Thursday, November 02, 2006

NaBloPoMo 2

NaBloPoMo 2



Pilgrim asked me what I wished at the moment I read her question. At that moment, I wished I was on top of things. I've been dog-paddling a lot this term. I think some of it adjusting. Normally speaking, when my life is full of immediate stress, I just keep going, but at some point, usually when things calm down a bit, I just sort of shut down. I haven't really done that, but I'm having a hard time focusing lately. I'm starting to think I really needed the slightly reduced teaching load -- and thinking I need to make more of it instead of just surviving. So I wish I were more on top of my job and getting to the gym and eating properly ...

But if you asked me that same question right now, I'd say that I'd really like it if I could connect to my school servers. Tomorrow, I think I might talk about my classes. Or research. Or both. Unless, of course, there are more requests.


Teaching Carnival 15?



And by the way, there's an amazing Teaching Carnival up at New Kid's. You should go read it!

4 comments:

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

I think adjusting takes a lot more time and energy than people think - and it's frustrating when you change jobs, because you've already had the experience of getting things figured out and knowing what you're doing. The good news is that you'll eventually figure it out again. How many days till Christmas break? :)

Another Damned Medievalist said...

6 1/2 weeks! And then it's all new preps -- unless I give up on trying to write for the rest of the semester, mostly, and get my new preps and classes in order ahead of time.

Anonymous said...

Adjusting is REALLY hard. Seriously. Especially the new preps thing. You're doing really well to be surviving right now!

Another Damned Medievalist said...

But I have a so much to get done!!