Thursday, August 02, 2007

Bloggy-versary Announcement

Bloggy-versary Announcement


Well, as usual, I was totally wrapped up in a stupid bloody article something being a productive academic and forgot that Monday was the FIFTH anniversary of this blog and my blogging. And I missed the stat counter rolling the 50,000 mark, too! I put stat counter up about three years ago, so I have no idea what the real count is. So ... damn I'm feeling like an old blogger. Thanks to all of you who have been here since the beginning-ish, and to everybody who's come to hang around since.

I've just remembered that I promised Kelly in Kansas that I'd write some reflections on the transition from job-seeker to regular employed academic. And I've still not posted anything about the trip. So I'll work on those between getting through the huge pile of stuff I'm still working on. I can tell you one thing, though. Actually having a job is way harder than looking for one, in terms of workload and emotional investment, but the stress levels aren't nearly as bad and it's a much better kind of stress. YMMV.

4 comments:

Tiruncula said...

Happy bloggy-versary!

Ahistoricality said...

Mazel Tov!

And looking forward to those reflections, too.

Kelly in Kansas said...

Happy Bloggiversary! And, yes, do keep these regular posts coming!

timna said...

Happy anniversary! It doesn't seem like 5 years, but maybe since I mostly read you via Invisible Adjunct at the beginning, it really really is.

Yes, the stress is less in the full-time job, but the hours are certainly at least as filled if not more. It's good -- I had taught only one lit course in 5 years of adjuncting and now I'm preparing 2 more for fall -- but it's overwhelming in a different way.