Thursday, May 05, 2005

Like a Gopher

Like a Gopher ...


... I'm popping my head out for an update. House mostly settled! Legal things in motion! References being checked by Almost Perfect job! Got a call for an interview next week for a different CC job in one of the coolest (I think) metro areas in the country (REM might disagree ...)! Now to find a plane ticket! Not happy about the timing, because AP might offer, and I would have to take it, but that's cool -- it's the flight insurance for the interview I have to worry about.

Still working on ... Student stuff, committee stuff, more job apps, and Summer teaching. Plus training for the listserv ... Going back into hiding now!

For all of you at the Zoo -- I am jealous!!! Hope you're having a great time, and if you hear anything pre-1100 that's good, I hope y'all will bring me notes!

Update: Turns out one of my references was not sent till yesterday (I hope a simple response to the e-mail!). This could explain why I've not heard anything about AP job. Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll hear something positive before I actually have to go fly out for another interview...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

REM eh?

Another Damned Medievalist said...

AiE -- yes, it does. And I think I'm doing well -- except for the being swamped part. I know it was the right decision, if not a good one.

Jonathan Dresner said...

Good vibes, good vibes....