Sunday, October 03, 2010

Big Berks

Big Berks



Hey -- I am doing my Big Berks registration, and have booked a room at the hotel for my roommate (another blogfriend who most of you know) and me, but was wondering if there were any other bloggers going who might want to share one of the dorm suites. There's not a lot of difference, price-wise, but the fun of hanging out would be nice. Also, does anyone have ideas about the meal plan? One of the things I liked about the last Berks was the ability to hang out with friends, and I'm not going to get any money from SLAC for meals (or at all?) so it seems a good deal. But I don't want it to be like the Zoo, where buying meal tickets means giving up spontaneity...


And yes, registration is due next week!






(I know, this is not a real post -- life, grading, and trying to remain objective through a serious storm of shit is hampering my ability to cope with anything but getting through at the moment)

3 comments:

clio's disciple said...

Hm. I think I missed the info about the meal plan, but then I also did not register for an on-campus room. (I'm traveling with partner in tow.) There are plenty of good and not too expensive restaurants in the area--especially if one heads west from Amherst to Northampton.

Another Damned Medievalist said...

I don't think I'll have a car ... although I might, if I don't get funding!

Historiann said...

Glad you'll be there again--so will I. I got a hotel room and the meal plan--I'm hoping they do the meals like the last conference, so people can mix and hang out as they like close to the conference proceedings.

(But I have no idea what the actual plan for meals will be like.)

Historiann.com