Tuesday, August 15, 2006

First Official Day at SLAC

First Official Day at SLAC


Was a success? I will blog more later, and will really finish the Photo Meme -- as soon as I find my favouorite thing for P/H. But what with people disappearing from my blogworld lately, I've been going through a little bit of Tribble fear. Weird, since I actually have the T-T job, and I think a couple of people at SLAC know I blog. But mostly, I'm just trying to process all the new information and new experiences, and am feeling torn away from the people I love and isolated (even though I'm meeting lots of nice new people, they aren't my people yet, if that makes sense) and it's weird to be starting a new year without the peeps I know and love and miss, especially the Mathemetician, the Vulcanologist, Professor Kinsey, Purposeful Woman, Computer Goddess, the Geographer, Gastropoda Regina and Chemistry Biker. Of course, the fact that Gastropoda Regina is off to super-exotic locale to teach for a couple of years means I'd have missed her anyway ...

Anyhoo ... I'll update soon.

5 comments:

Tiruncula said...

Me too me too me too re: the isolation and the newness. It just makes it worse that virtual peeps are disappearing, too.

I'm having a virtual birthday party. Stop by if you can!

Bardiac said...

It's always strange to start over. /comfort

I hope you find some good folks to become friends with soon. (Tiruncula, too!)

Pilgrim/Heretic said...

Likewise! And in the meantime, your bloggy buddies are still around (most of us, anyway!) I think you've coined a new word: if people are dooced when they're fired for their blogs, they are Tribbled when they self-censor for fear of retribution.

Another Damned Medievalist said...

Went to the party and left you a gift! And I know my bloggy friends are there, as are my friends from old town. I've just been crap at calling and writing them. I just get all dismal and don't feel like talking when all I can do is piss and moan! Even though I wouldn't want to if I called them more often!

Another Damned Medievalist said...

Oh, duh -- and thanks, everybody! And Pilgrim, that may be the word!